How a Construction Accident Attorney Can HelpConstruction crews must abide by certain standards of care at all California construction sites. If they fail to do so, that negligence could cause injury to others. Sometimes, accidents simply happen. Workers make mistakes. But personal injury law makes sure that innocent victims aren’t left paying for the consequences of these mistakes. Construction companies are responsible for the actions of their employees while they’re on the job. So even if a worker makes a mistake, you can hold the construction company liable. Construction site injuries tend to be severe because of the danger involved. Not to mention – pedestrians, innocent bystanders, and third parties often don’t have hard hats and other important safety equipment that would lessen their injuries.
- Dangerous scaffolding could fall onto unprotected pedestrians walking below.
- Defective power tools or electrical wiring could cause electrocution or fire.
- If a construction company pushes their workers to put in long hours or fails to give their workers the required breaks, those tired workers could make more mistakes.
- Negligently or carelessly operated trucks, tractors, cranes, bulldozers, and other heavy machinery could cause dangerous or deadly collisions.
- Lack of railings or unsecured elevator shafts could cause fatal falls.